Terms and Conditions
Version 2. 31st December 2020
TABLE OF CONTENTS
- User Contributions
- Content Standards
- Submission Ammendments
- Prohibited Uses
- Enforcement of Terms
- Links to Other Sites
- Intellectual Property
- Copyright Infringement
- No Guarantee of Service
- Disclaimer of Warranties
- Limitation of Liability
- Waiver and Severability
- Binding & Entire Agreement
- Your Comments and Concerns
1. USER CONTRIBUTIONS
We are not responsible, or liable to any third party, for the content or accuracy of any materials posted by other entities about this website. Whilst it is our intention to investigate all credible complaints about objectionable User Contributions, we cannot guarantee individual responses or removal of such content.
By uploading your photograph to the Take a Moment exhibition, you are granting Ray Burmiston Photography Ltd the right to use and publicly integrate the image into the exhibition entitled Take a Moment and any linked social media accounts without consideration, for the lifetime of the exhibition, unless you request removal in writing by emailing email@example.com.
2. CONTENT STANDARDS
You are solely responsible for any content you post or actions you take via this site and their consequences.
All uploaded images must comply with our validation process and any information disseminated about this campaign.
3. SUBMISSION AMMENDMENTS
We reserve the right to make changes to submissions to make them suitable for the exhibition. This may include: converting to black and white, sharpening, cropping, resizing or rotating.
If you change your mind and would like your portrait from the online Take a Moment exhibition, email firstname.lastname@example.org from your original email address, stating your reference number with REQUEST TO REMOVE in the subject line, we will remove your image as soon as we can. No refund will apply.
As each Take a Moment print was custom made for you, once the order was processed, we cannot offer a refund. Each print is manually checked for quality.
5. PROHIBITED USES
- In any way that violates any applicable national and international law or regulation.
- For the purpose of exploiting, harming, or attempting to exploit or harm minors in any way by exposing them to inappropriate content, asking for personally identifiable information or otherwise.
- To send, knowingly receive, upload, download, use or reuse any material which does not comply with the Content Standards set out in these Terms.
- To transmit, or procure the sending of, any advertising or promotional material, including any "junk mail", "chain letter", "spam", or any other similar solicitation.
- To impersonate or attempt to impersonate Take a Moment or a Take a Moment team member, another user, or person or entity (including, without limitation, the use of email addresses or screen names associated with any of the foregoing), or to register to use the site on behalf of any group or entity.
- To harvest or collect email addresses or other personally identifiable information of users from this site by electronic or other means for any purpose.
- To engage in any other conduct that restricts or inhibits anyone's use or enjoyment of this site, or which, as determined by us, may harm Take a Moment or users of the site or expose them to liability.
- For any commercial purpose. Additionally, you agree not to:
- Use this website in any manner that could disable, overburden, damage, or impair the site or interfere with any other party's use of this website, including their ability to engage in real time activities through the site.
- Use any robot, spider or other automatic device, process or means to access the website for any purpose, including to monitor or copy any of the material on this site without permission.
- Use any manual process to monitor or copy any of the material on this website or for any other unauthorized purpose without our prior written consent.
- Use any device, software or routine that interferes with the proper working of this website.
- Introduce any viruses, trojan horses, worms, logic bombs or other material which is malicious or technologically harmful.
- Attempt to gain unauthorized access to, interfere with, damage or disrupt any parts of this website, the server on which the this is stored, or any server, computer or database connected to this website.
- Attack this website via a denial-of-service attack or a distributed denial-of-service attack.
- Otherwise attempt to interfere with the proper working of this website.
6. ENFORCEMENT OF TERMS
Because the purpose of this website is to use the Take a Moment exhibition to raise funds for awareness for mental health, with the specific theme of eyes closed portraits, Take a Moment has the right to:
- Remove or refuse to post any User Contributions which do not comply with the spirit and artistic direction of the exhibition. Take a Moment has the right to reject your submission without refund, but you will have the opportunity to re submit your photo, using the guidelines provided. This is a decision Take a Moment will strive to make fairly, but ultimately it is a decision that is solely up to the Take a Moment team to make.
- Disclose your identity to any third party who claims that material posted by you violates their rights or their right to privacy.
- Take appropriate legal action, including without limitation, referral to law enforcement, for any illegal or unauthorized use of this website when we determine law enforcement is the proper and appropriate means for addressing the offending use.
You waive and hold harmless Take a Moment from any claims resulting from any action taken by Take a Moment during or as a result of its investigations and from any actions taken as a consequence of investigations by either Take a Moment or law enforcement authorities.
7. LINKS TO OTHER SITES
As is typical online, this site and user posts may contain hyperlinks to other sites. If there are other websites and resources linked to on this site, by Take a Moment these links are provided only for the convenience of our users. We have no control over the contents of those websites or resources, and therefore cannot accept responsibility for them or for any loss or damage that may arise from your use of them. If you decide to access any of the third-party websites linked to this site, you do so entirely at your own risk and subject to the privacy policies and terms and conditions of use for such websites.
8. INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY
All photography, logos designs and slogans are intellectual property of Ray Burmiston or have been permitted use by Ray Burmiston. You may not use these images without the prior written permission of Ray Burmiston. All other names, brands, and marks that may appear on the site remain the property of their respective owners and appear here for identification purposes only.
9. COPYRIGHT INFRINGEMENT
If you believe that a User Contribution violates your copyright, you may notify us of your suspected copyright infringement and we will investigate and in appropriate circumstances, reject submissions of users who are deemed to be repeat infringers.
All notices of copyright infringement claims should go to: email@example.com
10. NO GUARANTEE OF SERVICE
Although we hope to make this site available for the duration of the exhibition, there may be times when we need to disable the site either temporarily or permanently. Please understand that we also reserve the right to withdraw or amend this website, and any service or material we provide on it. We may do this without notice at our sole discretion. Keep this in mind as Take a Moment will not be liable if all or any part of the website is unavailable at any time for any period of time. Also, from time to time, we may restrict access to some parts of the website, or the entire website.
11. DISCLAIMER OF WARRANTIES
We will not be liable for any loss or damage caused by a distributed denial-of-service attack, viruses or other technologically harmful material that may infect your computer equipment, computer programs, data or other proprietary material due to your use of the website or any services or items obtained through the website or to your downloading of any material posted on it, or on any website linked to it.
Your use of the website, its content and any services or items obtained through the website is at your own risk. The website, its content and any services or items obtained through the website are provided on an "as is" and "as available" basis, without any warranties of any kind, either express or implied. Neither Take a Moment nor any person associated with Take a Moment makes any warranty or representation with respect to the completeness, security, reliability, quality, accuracy or availability of the website. Without limiting the foregoing, neither Take a Moment nor anyone associated with Take a Moment represents or warrants that the website, its content or any services or items obtained through the website will be accurate, reliable, error-free or uninterrupted, that defects will be corrected, that our site or the server that makes it available are free of viruses or other harmful components or that the website or any services or items obtained through the website will otherwise meet your needs or expectations.
Take a Moment hereby disclaims all warranties of any kind, either express or implied, statutory, or otherwise, including but not limited to any warranties of merchantability, non-infringement and fitness for particular purpose.
The foregoing does not affect any warranties which cannot be excluded or limited under applicable law.
12. LIMITATION OF LIABILITY
In no event will Take a Moment, its affiliates or their licensors, service providers, employees, agents, officers or directors be liable for damages of any kind, under any legal theory, arising out of or in connection with your use, or inability to use, the website, any websites linked to it, any content on the website or such other websites or any services or items obtained through the website or such other websites, including any direct, indirect, special, incidental, consequential or punitive damages, including but not limited to, personal injury, pain and suffering, emotional distress, loss of revenue, loss of profits, loss of business or anticipated savings, loss of use, loss of goodwill, loss of data, and whether caused by tort (including negligence), breach of contract or otherwise, even if foreseeable.
The foregoing does not affect any liability which cannot be excluded or limited under applicable law.
15. WAIVER AND SEVERABILITY
16. BINDING & ENTIRE AGREEMENT
17. YOUR COMMENTS AND CONCERNS
The best way to reach us with your feedback, comments, requests for technical support, and other communications is to contact firstname.lastname@example.org or use the contact form.
Thank you for visiting!